Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Journey to Health

I am going to start this blog and document my experience as I navigate through understanding my personal health and well-being. This is meant to serve as a guide to share with you the path that I am taking to achieve my optimum health. However, I can't possibly start this without describing to you a little bit about myself:

1) I am constantly multi-tasking and always have a problem staying on task for more than an hour and 20 minutes( I actually timed it in class last night and in a meeting today; exactly the same time).

2) I am in my first-year of graduate school at DePaul University in the Masters of Public Health Program.

3) I have been in school non-stop since I was 4 years-old and have always had a hard time deciding what I want to do when I "grow-up." Education is the one thing that I have always known that would never be a waste of time. Therefore, I have degrees in the following: BA from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Speech Communication; BA from Illinois State University in English and Speech Education; and I am now working on my graduate degree at DePaul University.

4) I go through phases of enjoyment and outright pure hatred of working out. I have completed two Chicago Marathons (2007 and 2008), 2 half-marathons (2007 and 2009), and trained the race was cancelled)for a 1/2 ironman(2008).

5) I didn't even start running or working out (more than the elliptical) until December 2006.

6) I have a large family (and it keeps growing) that I absolutely love and adore.

7) I have two passions (or vices depending on the day) : shopping and wellness. I chose to make one into a career and the other one a hobby.

8) I love travelling and experiencing a culture other than my own.

9) Throughout my life, I have always pushed myself outside my comfort zone.

10) My biggest fear (and one that effects my everyday life) is that I will make the wrong decision today that will eventually negatively effect me in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Rachael's blog. Good luck on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also visiting from Rachael's blog- I am going to check out the detox diet right now:) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete